Import Data Into A Project
This feature is only available with a Regrid Pro, Team, or Enterprise account. Click here to upgrade your account.
With regrid.com, you can import data from CSVs and Excel spreadsheets to visualize, query, and work with the data on a parcel map.
NOTE Uploading data works best if source datasets contain a column with Parcel IDs so we can match precisely. It is possible to match with latitude/longitude or by address, but the margin of error may be higher. Aggregate data (like Census info, for example) is not currently supported and won’t work right. To watch a more detailed video on imports or troubleshooting, see our Import Tutorial.
Below is a step-by-step guide to importing data from a CSV or Excel spreadsheet:
- Click on the project you’d like to upload data to. From the left sidebar, click the “Import Data” button.
- Click “Select a File” and navigate to the desired dataset’s location.
- Click “Import”.
- Once the data preview appears, select the column that contains the Parcel ID (we’ll try to guess, but make sure it’s correct)
- Based on the parcel IDs in your data, we’ll try to determine the city you’re importing data to – make sure this is correct and click the city that appears that matches the data you’re importing.
- Click “Finish”, and stand by for importing to complete. Progress bars on right side of screen will show the progress.
NOTE: Larger datasets can take a while to upload, and there is a max of 200,000 rows of data that you can add to a Project. If you are working on a specific project that requires a huge dataset, let someone from the Regrid team know and we may be able to help you.